Join Our Team
Innovation Academy is always looking for proactive, engaged, teachable, and most importantly curious people who are willing to adopt an Innovation Mindset and are driven by a desire to be excellent, make a difference in the lives of others, and make valuable contributions to our quickly growing organization!
When you become part of the Innovation Academy team, you can be assured that you are partnering with an enthusiastic, energetic, and at times, just a little crazy, group of people who are dedicated to the art of bringing curiosity alive for students, parents, and educators nationwide!
Here’s a little about us and who we are:
- Intentional Learning: Our learning is designed by the best – a PhD physicist (Steve) and an Education Technologist (Debby) – based on a solid foundation of constructivist pedagogy.
- Model of Innovation: Innovation Academy has been asked 5 years in a row to be the “Model” for Innovation at the “Model Schools Conference” (Nashville, Orlando 2x, Atlanta, Washington DC)
- National Perspective: Innovation Academy has facilitated camps and workshops in California, Georgia, Florida, North Carolina, Maryland, Tennessee, Washington, and Wisconsin.
In-Demand Experts: Innovation Academy has designed and facilitated events for districts and county education offices (Apple Valley, Burbank, and Conejo Unified School Districts; Inyo/Mono, Riverside, Santa Barbara, Shasta, and Trinity Offices of Education), small schools (Ojai CA, Temecula CA, Hartford CT, Walworth WI, and Murphy NC), university staff and programs (Cal State Channel Islands, Pepperdine University, Southern Adventist University), and presented at numerous conferences and organizations (including Google LA, International Society for Technology in Education, Northwest Council for Computer Education, CUE, Expanding Your Horizons, Inside 3D Printing, 3D Printer World Expo, CHEA, Valley Home Educator’s Conference, California Homeschool Network Family Expo).
- Upward Growth: We have almost doubled every year in some way (revenue, # students, and #staff)
A Culture of Innovation – the Power of a Name
Innovation Academy… we almost don’t need to say much more to communicate our mission to a parent, student, or visitor. Everything we do encourages innovation and innovative thinking. Our name embodies the mission.
To innovate, we need a mind free to explore possibilities and an environment to foster curiosity and develop creative possibilities. On the other hand, the word “No!” hurts creativity when spoken too often. “No” gets in the way of innovation while “yes” smooths the way.
“Yes” can’t be allowed to sanction disrespect, so we need a culture where BOTH “yes” AND respect coexist. To create a respectful innovative “culture of yes”, we all bring our “A-game” to the table. Showing up as our best selves allows “Yes!” most of the time. Innovation thrives in a culture of “Yes!”
We will constantly be testing new ways of encouraging a culture of “YES!”, Respect, Empathy, Hard Work, Fun, Wisdom, Curiosity, Creativity, Ownership, Initiative, Action, Productive Risk, Thinking, Perseverance, Enthusiasm, and Excellence (see the Innovation Mindset). Culture starts at the top and infuses as it goes. As staff, WE are the most important ambassadors of Innovation Culture.
How to apply
Please submit a resume (PDF format) or online portfolio link, and prepare a 2–3 minute video introduction of yourself which answers the following questions:
- What SPECIFIC skills do you have (ie. you use them regularly)?
- Why would you like to work with Innovation Academy?
- What makes you curious?
- What was the last thing you broke?
Upload your video to YouTube, Vimeo, or Instagram. Send both your resume/portfolio and the video link to WorkWithUs@DevelopingInnovators.com.
- Tips on Creating a Video Introduction https://www.internships.com/career-advice/prep/videointro
- How to Upload a Video to YouTube https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VtF2AgFSLAw
What kind of team members are we looking for? This video describes it the best:
Thank you to John Spencer for capturing our perfect team member – “you’re always exploring, always experimenting, always innovating. That’s what makes the journey so amazing.”
Victor Valley College students can earn transferable credit while gaining work experience! See the VVC Cooperative Education page for details or ask about it in your application email. However, all students are encouraged to apply.