Innovation Tech Camp is a 4-day fully-immersive experience for teens 12-18 years old (rising 6th graders are welcome and curious 5th graders should contact us!)
Your child will work hands-on with some of today’s most innovative technology — building custom inventions in fun and creative challenges alongside their peers, all in an inspiring and safe environment.
Locations this year are in Northern California, Southern California, Western North Carolina, and Washington DC!
All camps run from 9am-4pm. We take a morning and afternoon snack break, and a lunch break (lunch NOT provided). Students are asked to bring something non-electronic to do during the breaks.
What Do Students Say?
Locations and Dates
|Redding CA||Jul 30-Aug 2
Ever Wonder If There’s “More” Out There Than the Same Old Programs?
One of the challenges in raising teens today is the sheer amount of distractions available.
Viral videos, instant downloads, and a constant array text messages bombard our teens in noise.
Oddly enough, all these distractions have actually resulted in an unexpected phenomenon: while there are more options, information, and entertainment available now than any other time in human history…
Our teens are more bored than ever. Predictability often leads to the dullest work.
Innovation Tech Camp Is the Answer You’ve Been Looking For.
Teens love Innovation Tech Camp. Why? Because we believe learning should be fun and relevant, and every child should be able to grow to his or her fullest potential. That’s exactly what kids experience at Innovation Tech Camp.
- Day 1: Explore – At our technology roundtable, your son or daughter will get their hands on technology like 3D printers and robotics and gain preliminary skills to succeed.
- Day 2: Evaluate – Teens are placed into teams and given a challenge, like building a microprocessor or creating a mini cellular tower.
- Day 3: Engage – This is the heavy work day, where building and experimentation take place. Teens get so focused we almost have to force them to go to lunch.
- Day 4: Exhibit – Each team demonstrates its new invention in front of friends and family.
Teens that join Innovation Tech Camp develop the tools to thrive in a challenging environment. Some of our past campers, who had never been exposed to engineering, ended up pursuing degrees in STEM-related fields after attending. Hands-on experience, team-building exercises, fun and challenging environments — Innovation Tech Camp has it all.
Parents, We Feel Your Pain!
We’ve raised seven (wow!) teenagers ourselves, and remember feeling so inadequate at times. We felt at fault for our kids not being challenged, and spent plenty of time wondering “Do we have what it takes to prepare our kids for life?”
There wasn’t much out there, so we decided to do something about it — and Innovation Tech Camp was born.
Some would say it was destiny. Between the two of us, we had a Ph.D. in Physics and teaching experience from kindergarten all the up to college classrooms. Innovation Tech Camp was born out of a belief that education should be a “drawing out” rather than a “shoving in” of information.
Our 7-Point Pledge To You and Your Child:
- Create a Safe Environment: Parents, you can have peace of mind that your child will be learning at Mach speed and be as safe as if playing they’re playing in your own driveway.
- Expand the Mind: Your kids will come out of Innovation Tech Camp with bigger ideas. It’s like Emerson once said: “The mind once stretched by a new idea, never returns to its original dimensions.”
- Protect and Cultivate Dreams: Every great project, movement, or product was once just a dream. We inspire and protect dreams at Innovation Tech Camp. Your child will be encouraged and affirmed to dream.
- Invent Relevant Challenges: We’ll use today’s best technology to engage your child and contextualize their project into a story adapted from current news or media.
- Respect All and Play Nice: We believe in respect. We respect students and insist they respect each other.
- Inspire Maximum Learning: Campers often say, “My brain is on fire!” because the environment, tools, and challenges keep their mind at redline throughout our four days together.
- Leave a Carry-Over Effect: A parent once told us that Innovation Tech Camp has a “carry-over effect.” The learning isn’t just a flash in the pan. As a result, many of our campers have signed up for challenging college computer classes, changed plans for college majors, and considered new career choices.
“Before Day 1, we couldn’t get David off the couch. On Day 2, he woke up early waiting for us to take him to camp.” Nancy – San Luis Obispo, CA
“I learned more in four days than a whole year of robotics club!” Tracy, 9th grade
Register Your Child For Innovation Tech Camp 2018 Today.
Just imagine: Inspired kids! Expanded minds! Unlocked potential!
No more bored teens. No more kids sleep-walking through school (or life, for that matter). Send your child to Engineering Camp, and you’ll know you’ve made the right choice as a parent to provide the best opportunity for your child to expand his or her mind.
Our campers hit life head-on because they’re full of confidence, curiosity, and resilience. Your child can experience this transformation, too. Bigger goals, bigger ideas.
We have partnered with the Curious Student Foundation to provide scholarship opportunities to students based on financial need. Due to limited funds, and to allow for the maximum number of students to benefit, preference is given to families that can contribute at least half of the camp tuition. For more information, please visit http://curiousstudent.org/home/scholarships/.
Homeschool Charter Students
This event is open to all middle and high school aged students in the area. We are vendors for a number of local homeschool charter schools and accept purchase orders and certificates. If you will be using charter funds to pay for camp, contact us directly for the registration link (debbyATdevinnovatorsDOTcom).
Enrollment is limited to just 20 seats, and we expect to sell out. Register today.
**Please contact us directly for Redding payment information (debbyATdevelopinginnovatorsDOTcom)