Simple Fall Science Activity from Table Top Inventing!
Simple Fall Science Activity
Green Monster Slime!
- Elmer’s white glue- 1/2 cup
- Borax- 1 teaspoon
- Water- 1 1/2 cup
- Green Food Coloring
- In a bowl, mix together 1/2 cup of glue and 1/2 cup of water. Then add a couple drops of the green food coloring. Mix well.
- In the 2nd bowl, mix together 1 teaspoon of Borax and 1 cup of water until the Borax dissolves.
- Next, add the glue mixture to the Borax mixture while stirring slowly.
- The slime will form quickly. So stir it as much as you can and then dig in with your hands to continue mixing until it becomes less sticky and more like cool green slime!
So how does the gross green slime form? Well, the Elmer’s glue has an ingredient in it called polyvinyl acetate, which is a liquid polymer. The Borax acts as a cross linking agent and links the polyvinyl acetate molecules to each other, creating one large, flexible polymer of gooey monster slime!
This week on the Table Top Inventing Podcast:
Episode 7: John Westrum from Afinia!